[texhax] best way to do texbook examples

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Jul 16 23:47:56 CEST 2015

Axel E. Retif wrote:

> Let's hope that someone like Philip Taylor (who, as I understand, uses
> both Windows and TeX) can recommend Tamás a good front-end (of course
> Emacs is excellent, but it has a steep learning curve, and I think Tamás
> would rather focus on The TeXbook exercises than on learning Emacs).

I both use and can recommend TeXworks under Windows.  Whilst it has no
intrinsic printing capability, the menu option sequence File / Print PDF
will explain that TeXworks cannot of itself print PDFs, and asks if it
should therefore launch the user's default PDF viewer.  Answering "yes"
will result in the viewer being launch (Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, or
whatever) by means of which the file can be printed without difficulty.

Philip Taylor