[texhax] Seeking older version of TexWorks

Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jan 12 23:16:38 CET 2015

Rohith:

> I am a student at Purdue University - I have a Macbook 2008 version.  I
> recently downgraded back to Snow Leopard and am setting up LaTex on my
> laptop.  But it seems the latest version of TexWorks only works on
> Mountain Lion or later version of OS X.  When I try running it, it
> immediately crashes.  How can I get an older version of TexWorks?  I
> would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you so much.

I have a machine running OS X 10.6.8 and the 2014 version runs fine
from the command line:

% latex paper
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.15 (TeX Live 2014) (preloaded format=latex)

So it's not your machine OS nor your LaTeX.  I don't use TeXWorks, I
use vim for very fast editing and atchange
(http://alum.mit.edu/www/toms/atchange.html) to trigger generation of
the PDF which I display with Skim.

However, I tried TeXWorks (in /Applications/Tex double click) on a
simple example and it worked.

I suggest that you describe exactly what you see when it crashes.

You could also try running things from the command line - it's much
more efficient.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  http://schneider.ncifcrf.gov (current link)
  http://alum.mit.edu/www/toms (permanent link)