[texhax] LaTeX package to simulate opening and writing to multiple files consecutively?

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Dec 22 18:08:52 CET 2015

On 17 December 2015 at 20:05, William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com> wrote:
> I could've sworn that I saw a LaTeX package which simulated having multiple
> files open and writing out to them on an as needed basis --- can anyone help
> me out w/ remembering if it exists and what it's called if it does?

72 minutes later David Carlisle answered:
> you can write up to 16 streams at the same time. the morewrites
> package fakes writing more if you need it.

Made in Germany (at least by authors speaking German and living in Germany):
similar for special purposes, the packages splitindex and closefrm, more
generally scrwfile,

    http://ctan.org/pkg/scrwfile

The CTAN topic "io-mgmt",

    http://ctan.org/topic/io-mgmt

additionally names the package newfile. I do not understand why

    http://ctan.org/pkg/rvwrite

is not listed in that topic. (I remembered splitindex and found the io-mgmt
topic via

    http:/ctan.org/pkg/morewrites

)

Cheers from Germany