[texhax] 365 KB .tex file makes 5.95GB .pdf

Dan Luecking dluecking at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 31 20:57:58 CET 2014

Thu Oct 30 22:08:41 CET 2014, Philip Taylor wrote:

>Dan Luecking wrote:
>
> > Pdfinfo is part of the wintools package in my TeXLive distribution,
> > so I assume it must be a standard tool for Unix-based OSs.
>
>It is also included in my TeX Live 2014 installation, which has nothing
>whatsoever to do with anything Unix-based, so it may well be a standard
>tool for the whole of TeX Live.

The wintools package consists of executables _only_ for
windows. They are not provide by TeX Live for any other
architecture, so I opined that these other architectures
must already have them.

If you have them in your TeX Live, you almost certainly
have windows among your supported architectures, as I do.

Cheers,

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences