[texhax] Standalone bibliography

Kevin Godby godbyk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 22:27:17 CEST 2014

Hello, Gary.

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Gary Hoffman <glhoffman at cox.net> wrote:
> I wish to create a document that contains only a bibliography. There
> will be no other text or citations except for an introduction or title.
> The bibliography will be generated from a .bib file created by JabRef
> 2.10 in biblatex mode. The chosen style is biblatex-historian. Biber is
> my first choice; but, bibtex is an option. How can this be done?

If you're using the natbib or biblatex packages for typesetting the
bibliography, you can use the \nocite macro.

Writing \nocite{key} will include the bibliography entry associated
with key in the bibliography of your document but won't print any
in-text citation.  Writing \nocite{*} will include all the
bibliography entries from the current database in your bibliography.

—Kevin Godby