[texhax] Visually Impaired

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Fri Nov 21 18:19:25 CET 2014

WA> From: William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com>
WA> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:50:00 -0500

WA> On Nov 20, 2014, at 10:47 AM, Clifford Weil wrote:

>> I’m working with people at Michigan State University to promote the
>> use of LaTeX throughout the campus. They would like to know if
>> there is a facility to make the output of a LaTeX file
>> understandable by the visually impaired? The text part doesn’t seem
>> to be a problem; it’s the graphics and similar structures that
>> present difficulty. Is there anything available?

Ross Moore worked in this area for quite some time.  Check his papers
in TUGboat
http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Contents/listauthor.html#Moore,Ross,
esp. http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb30-2/tb95moore.pdf,
http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb22-3/tb72moore-warm.pdf,

--
Good luck

-Boris

"Data is a lot like humans:  It is born.  Matures.  Gets married to other data,
divorced. Gets old.  One thing that it doesn't do is die.  It has to be killed."
		-- Arthur Miller