[texhax] Longtime pdfLaTeX trying ConTeXt in emacs

Gordon Haverland ghaverla at materialisations.com
Wed Nov 19 03:15:41 CET 2014

I've used LaTeX and plain TeX a lot in the past.  I am going to make a
document which may have a bunch of "foreign" words in it, and so I
thought this was a good excuse to start learning ConTeXt.  I normally
do everything in emacs.  The OS is a little new to me, I am a long-time
Debian person trying out Gentoo.  If people had recommendations as to
things to install, or not install, that would be wonderful.

In installing TeXlive, I had a problem with CLisp.  It turns out you
can't have hardening turned on to build CLisp.  So, I do have a working
CLisp, if that is required for any recommendations.

Thanks.
Gord