[texhax] controlling table locations

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu May 15 01:16:31 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-14 at 14:15:41 -0400, Thomas Schneider wrote:

 > Uwe:
 >
 > Thanks to you and Lars for the various suggestions.  I boiled that
 > down to an actual working example.

Tom, did you ever try my suggestion?

   \makeatletter
     \def\fps at table{h}
   \makeatother

It works like a charm here.  For tables which are supposed to use
the default value defined above, just remove the optional argument.

On Wed, 14 May 2014 08:12:14 +0000 Lars Madsen wrote:

 > In taht case wouldn't at least ht be a better default, than just h
 > Then you do not get those pesky 'changed [h] into [ht]' messages.
 > I usually set it to htp

[ht] is a better choice indeed.  However, it makes much more sense to
point people to

  http://ctan.org/tex-archive/info/epslatex/english/epslatex.pdf

rather than to tell them how to avoid "pesky messages".

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25