[texhax] Tipa font in DVI using MiKTeX2.9

sangeetha.m sangeetha.m at adi-mps.com
Fri May 2 11:25:06 CEST 2014

Hi All,

We are using tipa font for the some of the places in our document.

I have copied tfm, afm and pfb. Pfm is not available. How can I use this mf font for tipa

In DVI font is showing as "UNKNOWN" as shown below. I want 'tipa8' instead of "UNKNOWN".

I have used the below commands.

\usepackage{tipa}

\newcommand {\schwa}{[{\textipa{@}}]}
\newcommand {\tipaa}{[{\textipa{a}:}]}
\newcommand {\tipau}{[{\textipa{u}:}]}

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF6616.813BFE60]

Can any one please help me to sort out this issue?

Regards,
Sangeetha

This e-mail and/or attachments are confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken relying on the contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by responding to this e-mail and deleting the contents of the e-mail & related attachments from your system. Though MPS Limited has taken reasonable steps to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail, it cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments. No contracts may be concluded with MPS through e-mail communication. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.