[texhax] Newbie alginment troubles

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Thu Jul 3 19:09:09 CEST 2014

>> Juergen Goebel schrieb:
>> Joseph Wright wrote:
>>
>> As always with code-like questions, a minimal working example would be
>> very welcome here. In general, there should be no issue with text
>> 'migrating' off pages.

> Absolutely true.

Less absolutely, ...

> Just an idea: The OP might have used a documentclass such as book with
> doublesided output.

absolutely! ... a PDF rather than code attachment could help to judge
whether really something's wrong or the OP is just confusing quality
output with centering.

> But without code this is of course only a guessing.

... or without output. -- However, once on Ubuntu (in 2011) I experienced
that the DVI preview used horrible margin offsets, while the PDF preview
was fine. So the OP might send a screenshot or a photograph of the printed
pages. (Actually, some 20 years ago I had to use different values of
\hoffset and \voffset depending on the printer I intended to use.)

Cheers,

    Uwe.

> As always with code-like questions, a minimal working example would be
> very welcome here. In general, there should be no issue with text
> 'migrating' off pages.

Absolutely true.

Just an idea: The OP might have used a documentclass such as book with
doublesided output. So trying a 'oneside' or something like
this may help.
But without code this is of course only a guessing.

Jürgen