[texhax] tufte-book style and biblatex

Kevin Godby godbyk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:34:41 CET 2014

Hello, Adrian.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Clark, Adrian F <alien at essex.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm experiencing some problems with the tufte-book style and biblatex, both as distributed on TeXlive 2013 (though I know the problem is somewhat older) and on TeXlive fully updated this morning.

Try the following:

%-----
\documentclass[nobib]{tufte-book}% nobib prevents tufte-book from loading natbib
\usepackage[style=numeric]{biblatex}% use style=numeric
% redefine the \cite command to put citations in the sidenotes
\renewcommand{\cite}[2][0pt]{%
  \sidenote[][#1]{\fullcite{#2}}%
}
\addbibresource{refs.bib}

\title{An Example Document}
\author{Adrian F. Clark}
\publisher{University of Essex, Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK}
\begin{document}
\maketitle

\chapter{Introduction}
Here's a citation: \autocite{Raven:LBT}.

\printbibliography
\end{document}
%-----

Please let me know if that works for you or if you continue to have problems.

Thanks!

—Kevin Godby