[texhax] tufte-book style and biblatex

Clark, Adrian F alien at essex.ac.uk
Thu Jan 16 17:54:04 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing some problems with the tufte-book style and biblatex, both as distributed on TeXlive 2013 (though I know the problem is somewhat older) and on TeXlive fully updated this morning.  Here's a minimal example:

------
\documentclass{tufte-book}
\usepackage{biblatex}
\addbibresource{refs.bib}

\title{An Example Document}
\author{Adrian F. Clark}
\publisher{University of Essex, Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK}
\begin{document}
\maketitle

\chapter{Introduction}
Here's a citation: \autocite{Raven:LBT}.

\printbibliography
\end{document}
------

When I run it through pdfLaTeX (from the command line on a Mac, if that should matter), I get:

------
! LaTeX Error: Command \bibhang already defined.
               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.421 \newlength{\bibhang}
------

Before I start digging, I wonder if anyone has fixed this and would care to share the solution?

Many thanks in advance.

..Adrian
--
Dr Adrian F Clark   M0PDF     WEB: http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~alien/
EMAIL: alien/at/essex.ac.uk   TEL: +44 1206 872432  FAX: +44 1206 872900