[texhax] Formatting numbered lists

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 21 21:28:00 CET 2014

I am trying to create a numbered list that look like this:

1) bla bla
2) bla bla bla
3) more bla

I have tried using the "paralist" package

\usepackage{paralist}

And defined what numbering system I want to use at each level.

%Redefine the first level
\renewcommand{\theenumi}{\arabic{enumi}}
\renewcommand{\labelenumi}{\theenumi}

%Redefine the second level
\renewcommand{\theenumii}{\Alph{enumii}}
\renewcommand{\labelenumii}{\theenumii}

%Redefine the third level
\renewcommand{\theenumiii}{\roman{enumiii}}
\renewcommand{\labelenumiii}{\theenumiii}

%Redefine the forth level
\renewcommand{\theenumiv}{\alph{enumiv}}
\renewcommand{\labelenumiv}{\theenumiv}}

Nevertheless, I cannot figure out how to format the numbers the way I want them. Could some one please explain to me how to accomplish this?

Thanks!