[texhax] Place chapter on new even number page

bnb at ams.org bnb at ams.org
Wed Aug 20 14:42:23 CEST 2014

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014, Gerard E. Seibert wrote:

    I know this is probably very simple, but I am cannot figure out how to do it.

    I am creating a legal document. I redefined "Chapter" to "Article". That
    works fine. This document is printed on both sides of the paper. I want all
    new "Articles" to begin on even (right page) pages. At present, it appears on
    the next available blank page. How can I get it to work the way I want?

do you really mean "even" = "right"?
unless you're producing a hebrew
document, right-hand pages conventionally
have odd numbers.

assuming you're using either the book
or report class, adding the option
  \documentclass[twoside,openright]