[texhax] TOCLOFT "ghosts" the headers and causes errors in amsbook

Dr A K Hannaby keith_hannaby at mathshelp.com
Tue Apr 1 19:24:26 CEST 2014

Tug

In the minimal example, I have not re-defined any of the headers: chapter,
section, subsection,.   i.e. they all adopt their default values.

Without package TOCLOFT, the section headers all perform well, but I get the
word "Chapter" appearing in contents in front of "List of Figures" and "List
of Tables".

With TOCLOFT included, a ghost header shadows every header in the body of
the text, and there are many errors.

I've tried all sorts of re-ordering of the packages without success.

If I change from amsbook to, say, report, then there is no problem.

The manual claims TOCLOFT is compatible with Fancy Header.

I would be grateful even for ideas to try.

Regards

Keith