[texhax] Biblatex error in texmf-20130530

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 11:30:18 CET 2013

Hello,
** David Woodfall [2013-11-11 20:03:11 +0000]:

> Hi, I installed the latest texlive last night and I'm having a few
> problems with biblatex. I also found a warning in texcount (patch
> attached).

> The biblatex error is:

> ====================
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <write> File: blx-compat.def \abx at cptid     l.2 [\abx at cptid]
>     ? ! Emergency stop.
> <write> File: blx-compat.def \abx at cptid     l.2 [\abx at cptid

> ===================

> I tried this with the follwing MWE:

> \documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
> \usepackage{biblatex}
> \begin{document}
> Test.
> \end{document}

> Can anyone shed any light?

You definitely mixing different things here. First, you reporting about
some error with biblatex and patching file 'texcount.pl'. They are
independent from each other.

Second, I assume that by 'texmf-20130530' you mean TeX Live distribution
released at 2013-05-30.

The problem with biblatex can be resolved if you update your TeX Live
installation, use
  tlmgr update --self --all

Your example works fine in my TeX Live installation (2013, updated right
now).

As for the first, report different problems in different topics.

Prepare small example showing a problem with texcount and report.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Put your best foot forward.  Or just call in and say you're sick.