[texhax] What program can I use to edit TeX files?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Mar 21 21:10:14 CET 2013

Henry Law wrote:

> I definitely support the idea that Word is a bad choice for an editor.
> Although people know how to use it, most of what they know how to use is
> positively unwanted when coding (La)Tex.

Although I do not use Microsoft Word as a TeX editor
(I use TeXworks and WinEDT), I do not think there is
any a priori reason not to : all that is necessary is
to remind oneself that its (Word's) sole function in
such a role to insert, delete, copy, cut and paste
unformatted text : nothing more.

Philip Taylor