[texhax] EuroBachoTeX 2013 ante portas

Jerzy Ludwichowski Jerzy.Ludwichowski at uni.torun.pl
Tue Mar 5 14:52:04 CET 2013

EuroBachoTeX 2013: Communication and typography
This year's EuroBachoTeX theme is based on Bogus\l{}aw "Jacko" Jackowski's
personal doubts. Please have a look at http://gust.org.pl/bachotex/2013
to find out what eats him...

Apologies for this announcement being unusually close to the conference
dates.
Being so, we urge you not to delay your decision on participating and/or
giving
a presentation.  The registrations are open, beware of being late: the
deadline
for normal rates is March 31st.

We count on your participation - if you visited one of the previous
conferences,
you will remember that it worth coming. And it will be so this year!

Papers/presentations
====================
And now the conference content "as usual": we look forward to the
normal mix of TeX, MetaFont, MetaPost, ConTeXt, LaTeX, and friends related
presentations (please not not forget about fonts). There is also
the emerging BachoTeX trend of looking for a coming-together of
programmers and designers of typographic systems, typographers
and other users of such systems, so papers and activities in that
area are also most welcome. Please note the the call for
“TeX (MetaType/MetaPost) Pearls” further down.

The normal channel for offering papers is the emailing of
proposals to the Program Committee, but before rushing off to the
mailer, please consult the info for authors
(http://gust.org.pl/bachotex/2013/submissions).

Workshops and tutorials
=======================
Especially welcome are proposals for TeX-related tutorials or
introductions. If you have suggestions for tutorials or workshops
by others than yourself or about specific topics, please let us
know.

Poster sessions
===============
Participants will be given the opportunity to present their TeX
and typographic results in the form of posters for which we
provide exhibition space.

TeX (Metafont/MetaPost) Pearls
==============================
We continue the tradition of the “Pearls of TeX (MetaFont/MetaPost)
Programming”.  Details and previously collected pearls can be found
at http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/pearls/.

Deadlines and addresses
The deadline for abstracts and other proposals is March 28th
2013. The deadline for final papers to appear in the conference
materials is April 11th.

Contributions should be send by email to the Program Committee:
prog-ebt2013 at gust dot org dot pl. The PC is chaired by Bogusław
Jackowski (b underscore jackowski at gust dot org dot pl).

See you at Bachotek!

For the Organizing Committee,
-- Jerzy Ludwichowski