[texhax] Latin Modern with Computer Modern-compatible metrics

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Jun 24 15:02:13 CEST 2013

On Jun 24, 2013, at 8:17 AM, Philip Taylor wrote:

> I don't understand.  Karl wrote that Pdf(La)TeX /does/ use
> type-1 fonts; why would PKFIX or friends be needed ?

The specific case I was addressing:

> One option here would be to approach this at the DVI/PostScript level
> instead, replacing the calls to the bitmap fonts w/ calls to the
> equivalent Type 1 fonts.

So one would instead create a .dvi or .ps file, using the same toolchain and font / document settings, rather than a .pdf, and then one could use pkfix or a similar tool to replace the Type 3 bitmap fonts w/ the Type 1 fonts.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer