[texhax] Recommended "document class" for legal documents

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed Jan 16 01:58:18 CET 2013

J> I frequently have to write legal documents. I am wondering if there is
J> a specific "documentclass" for this?

There at least have been.  You might find something searching ctan:

      http://ctan.org

I specifically recall a discussion on comp.text.tex (back in the '90s I
suspect) which resulted in a style which covered things like the double
verticle rule on the left margin (as used in the US) and leaving enough
margin for binding with the heavy blue cover stock often used for
contracts, affidavits and the like.

But its been way to long to remember any further details.

And it may be a \documentstyle rather then a \documentclass package.

-JimC