[texhax] (SOLVED) Inconsolata font.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Jan 12 03:41:47 CET 2013

Thanks to everyone who responded to my cri de coeur.

For the record, the solution to the problem was (in short) to do:

sudo yum install texlive
sudo yum install tex-inconsolata.noarch
sudo yum install texlive-collection-fontsrecommended

the last bit being the part that got me over that last hump in respect
of an error "Metric (TFM) file not found".

This worked for me, but a couple of respondents indicated that a
more efficient and easier procedure would be:

 > to install texlive-2012 for Fedora 17 following the
 > instructions detailed here:
 >
 > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive#TeX_Live_2012_2

I haven't actually *tried* that, given that I had got things working and
didn't dare do anything that might put my system back into bozo mode! :-)

Again, thanks to all who proffered advice.  I am particular grateful for
having my attention drawn to "yum search" of which I was previously
unaware. :-(  This is a *very* useful tool!

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner