[texhax] The details of \csname, in this specific case

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Thu Feb 28 22:28:07 CET 2013

Am Dienstag, den 26.02.2013, 17:31 -0500 schrieb Joel C. Salomon:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Uwe Lück <uwe.lueck at web.de> wrote:
> > Thanks, great to learn. I dared to look at the fucking TeX Live manual
>
> There's your problem; read the manual on *using* TeX Live instead.

You are very right: I have (sometimes) tried to find documentation
of how to *use* TeX Live, but somehow I couldn't. What I find is
rather about how installation works. I have not needed such information
for getting results that I have been happy with. I have tried
"pdflatex", "latex", and "tex", fine, but why?
(I need not know urgently.)

Can YOU tell me? Does "the" manual contain something about
"using" TeX Live, or is there a different manual on *using* TeX Live?
(Two possible interpretations of your hint.)

Thanks,

    Uwe.