[texhax] [Re: The details of \csname] TeX Live binaries -- OT

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Feb 26 22:51:21 CET 2013

Am Dienstag, den 26.02.2013, 15:54 +0000 schrieb Philip TAYLOR:

> Uwe Lück wrote:
>
> > Then I clicked on "Extensions to TeX" in the ******* manual
>
> I for one have no wish ever to read language such as that
> on the TeXhax list ever again.
>
> Philip Taylor

On my walks in progress, I have often thought about the problem
that obviously not everybody understands all the subtleties of
my postings, and of what I could do about it.  I consider certain
means (strings) commonly used on the web to deal with this kind
of problems somewhat "self-defeating".  Maybe I should paste

    IF YOU ARE [XYZ], YOU ARE RECOMMENDED NOT TO CONTINUE
    READING THE PRESENT POSTING.

to the top of certain postings of mine in the future.

But [XYZ] is difficult.  Using only general terms in it
is more subtle than, e.g., a relation to an age of 18 years
or so.

After another hour, this idea has come to my mind:  In [XYZ],
I could simply enumerate, name by name, the endangered person.
What do you think?

World-wide wishes,

    Uwe.

P.S.: I suppress certain comments such as mentioning
the great Robin Fairbairns or why Markus Kohm signed
one copy of his manual with "RTFM" as "self-defeating".