[texhax] FW: Arrow head too large on \overarrowright

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Dec 29 15:58:57 CET 2013

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 09:29:59AM -0500, Bob Tennent wrote:
> The current incarnation of arrows in LaTeX is a disaster.  I always
> use arrows from the picture environment to avoid them.

Actually (this particular case at least) is a difieciency of TeX (not
supporting extensible math accents) and CM fonts (not having accent
arrows). The following example (processed by LuaTeX or XeTeX) looks
good, IMO:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\setmathfont{XITS Math}
\begin{document}

$\overrightarrow{AB}+\overrightarrow{BC}=\overrightarrow{AC}$

\end{document}

Regards,
Khaled