[texhax] Query about LaTeX

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Oct 20 16:38:51 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-20 at 11:42:03 +0530, Pitambar Gayakwad wrote:

 > Respected Sir,
 > I have some problem regarding the latex2e. I have to published my research
 > paper in *LaTeX2e.*
 > I am able to write in LaTeX but not LaTeX2e. I have no idea about this
 > documentation system. Will you tell me the exact difference, or if this is
 > new version, then suggest me the book regarding LaTeX2e or whatever
 > information about it.

The current version of LaTeX is LaTeX2e (since 1995).  So just use
LaTeX und you'll see semething like this on screen:

  This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012)
   restricted \write18 enabled.
  entering extended mode
  LaTeX2e <2011/06/27>

Hence you can proceed as usual, unless you have a *very* old
installation.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25