[texhax] Problem with fancyhdr and lastpage output

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 14 21:37:37 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:50:40AM -0500, Jerry wrote:

> I just started using TEX studio 2.5 on a Windows XP machine. Everything
> appears to be working well with the exception of page numbering. When
> using fancyhdr with lastpage, the output has the last page enclosed in a
> red box. I cannot find out why or what to do to stop it from happening.
> Any suggestions would be welcome.

Package `hyperref' creates links for references. And package `lastpage'
provides the last page as reference. You can use the star form
(added by `hyperref') of `\pageref` to suppress the link:

    \pageref*{LastPage}

It is also explained in the first page of section "2 Usage" of package
`LastPage'.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek