[texhax] problems with texlive installation

Hrushikesh Mhaskar hmhaska at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:51:14 CEST 2012

I am trying to install texlive on my laptop running on windows 7. I
could not use the file install-tl, but could use the advanced version.
However, it does not find several of the packages which I routinely
use ; beamerthemesplit.sty being one of them. How can I configure the
texlive/texmaker combination so that it will find whatever packages
are needed, and install them automatically?

When I installed texlive on my desktop running windows vista, I could
run both install-tl and the advanced version, and found the folder
containing beamerthemesplit.sty automatically there. I copied the
folder to laptop, but that does not work.

I am not computer savvy, so it is hard to understand the discussions
on the blog. I will appreciate step by step instructions. If you wish
to call me, my number is 626-914-7002.

Thank you very much. With best regards, Hrushikesh