[texhax] Determining the presentation package used from the pdf

Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/OCOO/ITSO) rjf2 at cdc.gov
Mon Mar 19 15:55:51 CET 2012

> Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 23:16:03 -0700
> From: Suresh Govindachar <sgovindachar at yahoo.com>
> To: <texhax at tug.org>
> Subject: [texhax] Determining the presentation package used from the
> 	pdf
>
> By examining a pdf presentation, is it possible to tell which TeX package
> (beamer, powerdot, or whatever) was used to create it?  If so, how?  If not,
> why don't creators of packages for presentation add such information into
> the final pdf?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Suresh

That information can be added to the pdf
by filling in the hyperref keywords

I'll have to read the hyperref manual to find the correct keyword;
see below for link.

Here are what little I know about the keyword list:

%***        pdfstartview in: Fit FitH FitV FitR FitB FitBH FitBV
\usepackage[bookmarks=false%SUGI style guide
           ,pdfkeywords ={
            dynamic programming, list processing, macro, SQL
           }%end pdfkeywords
           ,pdfsubject  ={list processing, review sql dictionaries,
           writing text with sql
           }%end pdfsubject
           ,pdfstartview=FitBH%fit width of page to the window
           ,pdfusetitle%author and title
]{hyperref}\begin{document}\maketitle%
\pdfcompresslevel=9%best compression level for text and image

see
ftp://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/hyperref/doc/options.pdf

here is the default:

keyword: pdfcreator
value: LaTeX with hyperref package

Ron Fehd  {SAS} macro maven