[texhax] Determining the presentation package used from the pdf

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:26:25 CET 2012

2012/3/19 Suresh Govindachar <sgovindachar at yahoo.com>

> By examining a pdf presentation, is it possible to tell which TeX package
> (beamer, powerdot, or whatever) was used to create it?  If so, how?  If
> not,
> why don't creators of packages for presentation add such information into
> the final pdf?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Suresh

Well, unless it is a really special custom-made design, I guess one can
spot which package had been used. Why should one want to have this
information in the PDF? I mean, you don't write "proudly made with
Powerpoint" in your PPTs, or?

If you upload the slides somewhere we might check it out.

Uwe

--
Uwe Ziegenhagen
<http://www.uweziegenhagen.de>