[texhax] Fonts for Beginners

Paul Stanley paulrichardstanley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:48:12 CEST 2012

William
you named a number of books which might be interesting and helpful,
however, none of them are accessible. I am not interested in font
installation at this stage, I'm merely looking for a text, be it a
web document, a TeX file,  or an accessible PDF (a bit of a
contradiction I know) detailing the very basics of fonts, how they
are structured, designed, the terminology  and so forth,taking
nothing for granted about the reader's prior knowledge of the subjet matter.