[texhax] luximono

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Tue Jul 3 22:43:56 CEST 2012

RK> From: Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>
RK> Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 21:46:15 +0200

RK> Looks rather like a workaround than a solution.  getnonfreefonts
RK> heavily depends on updmap's --enable option, hence it's required that

RK>   updmap[-sys] --enable Map=ul9.map

RK> works.  I still don't know what's going on here.

Disclaimer:  I do not use Ubuntu, but if their packages are the same
as Debian ones, then I can understand this

On Debian there are files in /var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg.  They
should include the names of files in /etc/texmf/updmap.d, which should
have the following magic format

# You can change/add entries to this file and changes will be preserved
# over upgrades, even if you have removed the main package prior
# (not if you purged it). You should leave the following pseudo
# comment present in the file!
# -_- DebPkgProvidedMaps -_-
#
Map MAP

so on Debian one must

1.  Put the map file in the corresponding directory

2.  Put in /etc/texmf/updmap.d the file, say, 20ul9.map

# You can change/add entries to this file and changes will be preserved
# over upgrades, even if you have removed the main package prior
# (not if you purged it). You should leave the following pseudo
# comment present in the file!
# -_- DebPkgProvidedMaps -_-
#
Map ul9.map

3.  Put in /var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg the file ul9.list with one
    line

20ul9

If this looks crazy, this is.

--
Good luck

-Boris

Worthless.
		-- Sir George Bidell Airy, KCB, MA, LLD, DCL, FRS, FRAS
		   (Astronomer Royal of Great Britain), estimating for the
		   Chancellor of the Exchequer the potential value of the
		   "analytical engine" invented by Charles Babbage, September
		   15, 1842.