[texhax] Memoir: changing chapter headstyle

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Thu Jan 5 18:36:53 CET 2012

"Victor Ivrii" <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote 05.01.2012 15:08:54:
> The problem is that I want a default style but a bit smaller and
> cannot find an appropriate style. I tried
>
>    \renewcommand{\chaptitlefont}{\normalfont\Large\bfseries}
>    \renewcommand{\chapnamefont}{\normalfont\Large\bfseries}
>    \renewcommand{\chapnumfont}{\normalfont\huge\bfseries}
>
> and it works but then it coincides with the section size (all above
> are \huge in default) and I cannot figure out how to make it a bit
> larger than \Large but smaller than \huge (\LARGE = \Large in memoir)

So what about

    \usepackage{fix-cm}
    \renewcommand{\chap...font}{%
        \normalfont\fontsize{VISIZE}{VIBASELINESKIPpt}\bfseries}

or something with

    \newcommand{\subchapsize}{\fontsize{VISIZE}{VIBASELINESKIPpt}}

>>> 2) Sometimes I need a subdivision between chapter and section --
>>> something is too small for a chapter but too large and inhomogeneous
>>> for a section. It should not be numbered and thus not affecting
>>> equation etc numeration (in chapters containing such subdivision
>>> numeration should be like in ordinary chapters i.e. (chapter.sec.eq).
>>>
>>> However it should be an environment (so included in \label-\ref
>>> mechanism) and in toc but it appearance should not affect the tocdepth
>>> (and bookmark depth in hyperref)
>>>

>> huh, not understod
>>

> I realized a simple way to do it...

I am very curious. Will you post it or will you try to become rich
through your discovery?

Cheers,

    Uwe.