[texhax] TexLive: emerald.sty missing

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 13 04:03:18 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 05:22:16PM -0800, Karl Berry wrote:

> Which TL packages depend on emerald?

"grep" in TDS:tex// found one package only: xcookybooky.
(If emerald is not/will not be included in TL/MiKTeX, then
someone might ask the author to check for emerald.sty and
use another default if the package is not installed).

> At first glance, the license of the emerald fonts is unclear to me.
> I will look further.

CTAN:fonts/emerald/README says:

| Legal notice
| ------------
| The ECF  fonts are  freeware; but  see the  acompanying .TXT
| files in folder "doc".
|
| The TeX support and documentation files are subject to
|
| Copyright (c) 2006 M. Cesar Rodriguez
|
| and are published under the conditions of the LaTeX  Project
| Public License, either version  1.3b of this license  or (at
| your option) any later version.

In the acompanying files <file name>.txt for Font <font name> I found the
following pattern:

| please note,
| "<font name>"
| has been made available as freeware,
| and no restrictions have been placed on its use.
|
| "<font name>" may be freely redistributed,
| provided that this text file accompanies the clipfont.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek