[texhax] August 2012 TUG news: conferencees, interviews, tugboat

TeX Users Group tug-news at tug.org
Thu Aug 23 01:05:11 CEST 2012

Dear TeX users,

The dog days of summer are upon us in the northern hemisphere
(Siriusly), and the pace of news is slower. Rest assured that
many great TeX projects are hard at work behind the scenes.

At least most projects. One project does need your help, and that's
texconv. Specifically, we're looking for someone to maintain the
web pages associated with this listing of converters from LaTeX to
word processors and vice versa. If you've got some spare time,
we'd love to hear from you.
http://tug.org/utilities/texconv/

In the next few days, TeXperience 2012 will be taking place in
Beskydy, Czech Republic. Full information is at
http://katedry.osu.cz/kma/TeXperience2012/

We are pleased to be able to pre-announce that TUG 2013 will be
taking place in Japan. The local organizing committee is working
out dates and exact venue. We will post details as they become
available.

More news:
- The TeX folks at Stack Exchange have published an interview with
   Aditya Mahajan.
   http://tex.blogoverflow.com/2012/08/textalk-an-interview-with-aditya/
   Other TeXtalk interviews are also available, in case you missed
   them the first time around (like I did)
   http://tex.blogoverflow.com/category/tex-sx/interviews/

- TUGboat 33:2, the proceedings of TUG 2012, is set to go to the printers
   shortly. As always, TUGboat needs your article/review/blurb/ musing
   for the next issue. Articles on any aspect of TeX and friends are
   always welcomed. Deadline for the next issue is October 1.
   http://tug.org/TUGboat/

- The TeX Collection DVD (which contains TeX Live, MacTeX, proTeXt, and
   a snapshot of CTAN) has shipped to TUG members. Nonmembers can also
   order the DVD from the TUG store at http://tug.org/store/, and all
   the software may be freely downloaded.
   http://tug.org/texlive/

- CSLI Publications offers a 20% discount for TUG members on all their
   books, including the newly reissued (and corrected) Digital
   Typography by Donald E. Knuth.
   http://tug.org/books/#discounts

- Upcoming TeX conferences in 2012:
  October 8-12 - EuroTeX 2012 and the Sixth ConTeXt User Meeting
  (Breskens, The Netherlands)
  http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2012/

As always, thanks for your interest in TeX,

Steve Peter (President) on behalf of the TUG Board
http://www.tug.org/