[texhax] theorem macros

Grant WALKER gandw.walker at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 19 23:49:03 CEST 2012

Dear Philip and Barbara

Thank you so much for your help.   I was, as I suspected, being idiotic.   I have just been copying all this `new theorem' stuff in preambles for years without thinking, and when I switched to the MAC I didn't copy (don't know how, yet!) but tried to generate a LaTeX file from memory…
Not a good idea.   Somehow I had got the idea that `theorem' is built in as an environment and all one had to do was to ring the changes when one wanted a Proposition or a Lemma or whatever…

I am impressed by the efficiency of the TUG group. Thank you again.  All is now sorted.

Grant Walker