[texhax] latex doesn't find style files

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Apr 1 06:08:37 CEST 2012

On 03/31/2012 08:56 PM, jtzzaa11-texhax2 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Thanks all for the replies.
>
> I would prefer to have only the texlive2011 installation, and not the
> one which performed by the debian installer.
>
> After I purge the debian tex packages, how do I make texlive the
> working installation (in terms of directories being searched etc.)?.

I already told you how in login.defs, whether you “purge” the Debian
packages or not.

But as Reinhard and Lars have already said, there is no need to do that,
unless you are really short of disk space ---Lars told you it's a good
idea to keep those packages to satisfy dependencies for other Debian
packages (that's exactly what I do).

If you insist to do that, or need to free disk space, read «Integrating
vanilla TeX Live with Debian» in

http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html

Best

Axel