[texhax] quotation marks with babel in LuaLaTeX

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 13:05:45 CEST 2011

Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:42:37 +0200 schrieb Arno Trautmann:
>
>>> I'm always using csquotes:
>>
>> Ah, thanks, I totally forgot about that package as I never use it …
>>
>>> \documentclass[ngerman]{scrartcl}
>>> \usepackage{babel,fontspec}
>>> \setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
>>> \usepackage[autostyle]{csquotes}
>>> \MakeAutoQuote «»
>>> \begin{document}
>>> «abc»
>>> \end{document}
>>
>> But … if I have « » on my keyboard, I don't need csquotes? …
>
> Well compile the document to see what csquotes is doing. Or better
> compile this one:

I did and it works fine. My point was: If I have the symbols »« on my
input device, most probably I also have „“” etc., so I (at least me
personally) will just use that character and will not let a package do
that work.

However, your code will still be handy in some situations, I'll try to
remember it!

cheers
Arno