[texhax] flowfram questions

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Mon Oct 24 13:15:49 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Donald Arseneau <asnd at triumf.ca> wrote:

> Peter Davis <pfd at pfdstudio.com> writes:
>
> > Ok, this seems to be basically working:
> >
> > \newcommand{\activateff}[1]{
> > \makeatletter
> > \nextpage=\thepage
> > \advance\nextpage by 1
> > \edef\ffpages{\csname @ff at pages@\romannumeral#1\endcsname}
> > \setflowframe{#1}{pages={\ffpages,\the\nextpage}}
> > \makeatother
> > }
>
> I don't know any flowframe, so no answers to your multiple recent
> questions.  But two points here:

Thanks, Donald.  I didn't mean to bombard the list, but I've been pretty
desparate.

> You should use \value{page}% instead of \thepage, because
> \thepage only works for ordinary arabic numbering.

Thanks.  I'm not sure flowfram will work with anything but ordinary arabic
numbering.  I know it can't use 'formatted' numbers, but I'm not sure about
other counting systems.

> The \makeatletter and \makeatother don't do anything in
> that definition.

Good to know.  I thought I needed those to refer to @ff at pages@..., but I
guess the \csname ... \endcsname already does that.

Thanks!
-pd

--
----