[texhax] flowfram questions

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Sat Oct 22 15:05:47 CEST 2011

Can anyone explain to me how flowfram decides what frames to use on a page?
 I want to be able to 'activate' or 'deactivate' frames on the fly as the
document is being composed, but I can't figure out when I have to update the
frames' list of pages.  I'm a longtime LaTeX user, but a complete novice at
TeX programming.

I have a short sample document containing a 1-page, 2-page and 3-page
letter.  I wrote a macro called \newletter which begins a new letter.  If I
code this macro one way, the second letter (2-pages) has a blank first page,
but everything else is ok.  If I code the macro another way, that second
letter has a blank 2nd page, but everything else is ok.

It's very confusing.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

-pd

--
----