[texhax] Is LaTeX really still being developed?

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Tue Oct 18 17:42:43 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Steve Murgaski
<steve.murgaski at gmail.com>wrote:

> **
> Is this development really still taking place, or should LaTeX users just
> resign themselves to using more and more patches as years go by?

I don't know what's happening with LaTeX3, but one option you might consider
is luaTeX and ConTeXt.  This is definitely under active developement.
 Moreover, it is an express goal of ConTeXt to provide a more integrated,
complete environment than LaTeX.  It doesn't have everything LaTeX has
(yet), so you would have to check for specific functionality you require.

-pd

--
----
The Tech Curmudgeon