[texhax] About a Letter

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:10:50 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 06:58:49AM -0400, William Adams wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Ali Polatel wrote:
>
> > 3. Am I correct in using the package setspace and the command
> > \onehalfspacing to set 1,5 line spacing?
>
> I believe so. Does something in the manual indicate otherwise?

In the code the definition can be found:

\newcommand{\onehalfspacing}{%
  \setstretch{1.25}%  default
  \ifcase \@ptsize \relax % 10pt
    \setstretch {1.25}%
  \or % 11pt
    \setstretch {1.213}%
  \or % 12pt
    \setstretch {1.241}%
  \fi
}

\newcommand{\doublespacing}{%
  \setstretch {1.667}%  default
  \ifcase \@ptsize \relax % 10pt
    \setstretch {1.667}%
  \or % 11pt
    \setstretch {1.618}%
  \or % 12pt
    \setstretch {1.655}%
  \fi
}

If a more Word/*Office like behaviour is needed, these can
be redefined:

\usepackage{setspace}
\renewcommand*{\onehalfspacing}{\setstretch{1.5}}
\renewcommand*{\doublespacing}{\setstretch{2}}
% If given as option, the command needs to be called again,
% to activate it with the new definition
\onehalfspacing

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek