[texhax] Table borders for cells, rows and columns?

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Wed May 25 12:41:53 CEST 2011

2011/5/25 Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de>

> Am 25.05.2011 10:08, schrieb Oleg Parashchenko:
>

>  like to be able to explicitly set the width, color and dash pattern of
>>> each edge (left, right, top, bottom) of each cell ...
>>>

>> while designing the cals package, I thought about how much decorations
>> should be implemented. The showstopper is: imagine
>>
>> one cell wants red dotted 4pt border, another cell wants green dashed 2pt
>> border. If these cells are connected, how does the common border look
>> like?
>>

> the same as for the default cell: every cell has only a right and a
> bottom border, except of the very first cell in a line, it also has a
> left border and except the very first cell in the first line, it
> has a left and a top border.

Actually, all the cells in the first row have top borders, right?

>  I have not found a satisfactory answer. Therefore, cals supports only
>> background color for cells and widths for borders.

I'm writing something that converts XML to LaTeX.  The XML is generated from
InDesign (but it's not IDML), so I have to try to replicate any features
that InDesign offers, regardless of how tasteless or typographically bad
they may be.

Thanks!
-pd

--