[texhax] Placing unknown images arbitrarily by lower left corner

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Thu Mar 31 16:21:09 CEST 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Steve Schwartz
<s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk>wrote:

> \raisebox works as it was advertised by previous writers. I append a
> short example that puts a frame around all the boxes so you can see
> where they are. I tried with both text and graphics and they give the
> same results. They are consistent with the message I've just seen from
> Ulrike.
>
> You might try putting frames around your boxes to see how they interact
> with textpos or whatever.

Thank you, Steve.  I see that your example does work, and I don't doubt that
\raisebox in general works, *relative to the current text position*.

I'm certainly not committed to using textpos.  I just want to be place an
image so that lower left corner is at an absolute fixed point on the page,
even though I don't know the size of the image.  I'd be happy to use
whatever is the simplest method of achieving that.  I thought textpos would
work, since it essentially sets the text position to an arbitrary point, but
I haven't been able to get the results I'm after.

Thanks,
-pd

--
----