[texhax] How to suppress Latex printing some figures in landscape orientation?

Batchimeg Sambalaibat meg_s98 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 04:29:23 CET 2011

Hi,

For some reason Latex is automatically putting some of my figures in  landscape
orientation, i.e. the page that the specific figure is on is  in landscape
orientation instead of portrait. I don't want latex to  automatically put some
pages in landscape orientation. I have tried many  things to no avail.

For example, the way i insert the two .eps files in latex are identical:
\begin{figure}[h]
\includegraphics*[width=1\textwidth]{fig1}
\end{figure}

\begin{figure}[h]
\includegraphics{fig2}
\end{figure}

Also, i'm creating these figures using matlab and i've made sure that  the sizes
of these figures are the same as well as the paper  orientations when I "export"
them from matlab (i.e. using the "print"  command in matlab).

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.