[texhax] colouring the text

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 13:01:43 CEST 2011

2011/6/30 Paul Stanley <paulrichardstanley at gmail.com>

> Gentlemen, ladies
> I'm sorry if this has been covered countless times already.  how would one
> colour selected parts of the text? I'm looking for a macro to colour
> segments of text that have been recently added or modified. While we're
> added, i would be grateful for suggestions of suitable colours for the
> purpose.
>
> Cheers
> Paul

Well, colouring text is pretty easy using \textcolor{red}{Some red text},
given you loaded
the xcolor package.

Marking the *modified* text may be more tricky, as it will require the
comparison of the old and current version (via diff?) and changing the TeX
file accordingly.

I don't know any simple tool for this.

Uwe

--