[texhax] Changing \DeclareOption of some other packages

Vafa Khalighi vafa018 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:41:59 CEST 2011

Thanks a lot Heiko. I have got a similar question. Sometimes package X loads
package Y at the beginning of the document. Now I have a package that makes
changes to package Y but since package X loads package Y at the beginning of
the document, my changes to package Y is not applied. Something like the
following:

\usepackage{X} %which loads package Y at \begin{document}
\usepackage{mypackage}

If a user manually loads package Y  before mypackage, changes to package Y
are applied:

\usepackage{X}
\usepackage{Y}
\usepackage{mypackage}

However if in my package I add the following, changes to package Y are not
applied:

\@ifpackageloaded{X}{\RequirePackage{Y}}{}

and the user loads packages as:

\usepackage{X} %which loads package Y at \begin{document}
\usepackage{mypackage}

Why my changes are not applied? how can I fix it? Is there a better approach
for applying changes to a package eventhough that package is loaded at the
beginning of the document?

Thanks