[texhax] detexify

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Jan 28 14:03:55 CET 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 7:57 AM, Philipp Stephani wrote:

> How would you compare this to the math handwriting recognition included
> in Windows?

The native Windows stuff seems to work better (I find myself re-writing things more often using InftyEditor).

> I think the latter has extremely good recoginition
> capabilities, plus it prints the formula in top quality. I think
> including support for the math input panel should have top priority for
> all Windows TeX editors.

That would be a great feature.

In the meanwhile, one can use MathJournal as an intermediary:

http://www.xthink.com/MathJournal.html

the new version supports export to LaTeX.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer