[texhax] latex2e usage.

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jan 21 22:55:24 CET 2011

On 21 January 2011 Axel E. Retif wrote:

 > On  21 Jan, 2011, at 04:33, Beverley Eyre wrote:
 >
 > > I think he didn't run texhash after the install.
 >
 > Maybe, but it seems to me that wouldn't explain why running `` sudo
 > latex file.tex '' does work, as he later said in another email.

If it works for root but not for a user, then obviously the user's
environment is broken.  If TeX Live is installed system-wide, users
shouldn't have any TeX Live related stuff in ~/.bashrc, ~/.profile,
~/.bash_profile...

The following commands are quite helpful for debugging:

  sudo which latex

  echo $PATH | tr ":" "\n"

  set | grep -i tex

  tlmgr conf