[texhax] I desperately need help on a LaTex graphic problem

Steve Schwartz s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jan 9 16:38:42 CET 2011

Bob,

> \graphicspath{%
>
> {converted_graphics/}% inserted by PCTeX
>
> {./}% inserted by PCTex
>
> }

tells latex to look in these places for figures, whereas

> % file name: ./graphics/fig-1.eps

isn't in either of those places, so I wonder where

> \includegraphics[bb=0 0 3420 3576,width=5.7in,height=5.96in]{fig-1}

is finding fig-1? If you look in your .log file you might be able to
find out what it is using. Alternatively, it might be that it is obeying
your bb instruction and there is a lot of white space around your figure
within that bb.  Or ... any number of other things, including
interactions with other packages, etc.

As noted by Uwe, a minimal working example makes it a lot easier for
others to help you.

Steve

> \caption{Nickel demagnetizing data}
>
> \label{fig:fig-1}
>
> \end{figure}
>
> I would certainly appreciate a specific and direct answer to this problem quickly, without redirecting me to some web page to get further lost on. The question once again is, "What do I do to get the graphic to print full size intead of a thumbnail when I print it."
>
> Should there be a fee for this, please notify me. If it is reasonable, I would be more than happy to pay it.
>
> I appreciate your quick response. Thank you.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Dr, Bob Koppany
>
> Email: bkoppany at ix.netcom.com

Professor Steven J Schwartz        Phone: +44-(0)20-7594-7660
Head, Space & Atmospheric Physics  Fax:   +44-(0)20-7594-7772
The Blackett Laboratory            E-mail: s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London            Office: Huxley 6M67A
London SW7 2AZ, U.K.               Web: www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/~sjs