[texhax] [NTG-pdftex] \pdfximage : is there a transparency attribute or method ?

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Jan 4 20:55:19 CET 2011

Reinhard/all -- DNS should be OK now (W3C validator
can see site);

> However, you can probably apply ICC profiles, but this looks
> non-trivial.  The IIC file in the pdftex samplepdf directory is a
> binary file.  Maybe it's possible to apply ICC data in ASCII format,
> but I just found a simpler solution:
>
>    sam2p thai-an-logo-no-phone.png thai-an-logo-no-phone.eps
>
> In the EPS file, immediately after the lines beginning with %%, add
> the line
>
> { .33 exp } dup dup currenttransfer setcolortransfer
>
> and then run
>
>    epstopdf thai-an-logo-no-phone.eps
>
> I get acceptable results with the JPG file I used for testing, but
> you probably have to experiment with the transfer function.
>
> The first occurrence of the function denotes the transfer function for
> the red part of the image.  Because we need the same function for all
> three colors, we simply duplicate it twice on the stack.
>
> Regards,
>    Reinhard

Eee, that is a complex solution !  Many thanks, Reinhard, but
for now I will stick with my CSS hack and hope that Thanh or
someone else knows if this is actually addressed within
the PdfTeX engine.

** Phil.